Year and Place of First Admission
Bachelor of Laws (Hons), Bachelor of Science (UQ)
Graduate Certificate of Law – Insolvency (QUT)
Areas of Practice
Commercial Law, Company Law, Contract, Credit Recovery, Equity, Partnerships and Trusts, Injunctions, Insolvency, Mining Resources and the Environment, Real Property, Tax, Trade Practices, Tort Law including Negligence, Wills and Probate.
Tarryn was admitted as a legal practitioner in 2007 in Queensland. She was employed as a solicitor with Corrs Chambers Westgarth in Brisbane, Henry Davis York in Sydney and as a Senior Associate with Clayton Utz in Brisbane acting predominantly in insolvency and commercial litigation matters.
Tarryn has had wide experience in commercial litigation matters including:
- Banking Litigation, Credit Recovery and Insolvency:
- Disputes involving challenges to bank securities and demands pursuant to bank guarantees;
- Proceedings for possession of secured property;
- Public examinations of directors and officers;
- Assisting the Australian Securities & Investments Commission with investigations into a financial institution’s conduct;
- Auditor negligence claims;
- Acting for an international company in liquidation seeking recognition of a foreign liquidation in Australia and advising on related issues regarding enforcement of foreign tax debt; and
- Advice to directors in respect of the solvency of a company and insolvent trading;
- Defending voidable preference claims.
- Claims for compensation to a landowner with respect to damage caused by reason of a petroleum drill site;
- Claims against a developer for breach of the contract of sale and various planning and property laws; and
- Recovery of possession claims.
- Trade Practices:
- Claims for breach of contract and breach of implied guarantees pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law (Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)); and
- Claim commenced in the Federal Circuit Court against a supplier of scaffolding for damages for money paid under mistake of fact.
- Negligence:Judicial Review: Assisting various Government departments in respect of the judicial review applications.
- Claims by a large diversified property group against various parties (architect, supplier and contractor) in respect of installation of a defective product at a retail shopping centre; and
- Claim for damages by a Bank relating to professional negligence by a valuer.
- Tax: An objection to a tax assessment involving consideration of the application of the corporate reconstruction exemption.
She has been a member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association since 2010.